When I was checking out the comments on Vijays blog for his My Life, Rated! post, I followed a link to meeyauw‘s blog. I found the Feline Laws of Physics post listing some of the Feline Laws of Physics from Moggycat.
For anyone with a cat, these are all too true. Here’s some more from Moggycat:
- First Law of Energy Conservation (Feline Thermodynamics Law 1) Cats know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and will therefore use as little energy as possible.
- Second Law of Energy Conservation (Feline Thermodynamics Law 2) Cats know that energy can only be stored by a lot of napping.
- Kirk’s Law of Cat Magnetism Dark coloured clothing attracts light coloured cat hair in direct proportion to the darkness of the fabric. The converse is also true.
- Cheung’s Law of Random Comfort Seeking A cat will always seek, and usually take over, the most comfortable spot in any given room.
- Newton’s First Law of Pill Rejection Any pill given to a cat has the potential energy to reach escape velocity.
- Newton’s Second Law of Pill Rejection Any cat restrained for the purposes of administering a pill has the potential to reach escape velocity.
Dan at Dan’s Blah Blah Blog posted a brilliant piece on 2nd August titled Taking the Cat to the Vet. You have to read the comments as well (293 of them at the moment).