Gary has just tagged me with a new meme he has just made up. So anyway, I’ve just bought Gary a Guinness, a good start to Friday night. Cheers!
Here are the rules:
1. If you havenâ€™t already, youâ€™ll need to signup for a PayPal business account so that you can receive payments. It only takes a few minutes to sign up.
2. If you have a blog, either install Ankesh Kothariâ€™s Buy Me a Beer plugin on your wordpress blog, or paste some variant of the code below into an appropriate place. If you donâ€™t have a blog, you can still participate by including a version of this code that points to your PayPal account in a comment on this post:
type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick" />
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[your PayPal account email]" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Beer Exchange" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="$4" />
PayPal account email]&amount=$4&item_name=Beer+Exchange+Meme"
target="paypal">Buy Me a Beer</a>
3. Work through the comments on this post and follow each of the links to buy a beer for each of the commenters on this post, and then add your own to the end. If you donâ€™t like beer, then a glass of wine or a cup of coffee is fine too. Just like when you go to the pub, arriving early means you buy a smaller round, and then reap the benefits of a beer from everyone else that arrives after you.
4. Feel free to tag your friends, and have them join in too
5. When youâ€™ve collected enough beer for a serious session of drinking, have someone photograph or video the proceedings and post the results back to your blog.
Although, link do not appear to work when posting in my comments, I will edit them so that the links work. Hmm, ‘collected enough for a serious session of drinking’, that wouldn’t be much for me then.